Thursday, February 17, 2011

Slither

2006
Directed by: James Gunn
Written by: James Gunn  
Starring: Nathan Fillion, Elizabeth Banks and Michael Rooker
  
From IMDB:
A small town is taken over by an alien plague, turning residents into zombies and all forms of mutant monsters.
 
 
 
An eloquently simple story told by a damn fine story teller.
 
The aliens come via meteorite in the first scene.  What else you see in the first scene is they've got a bit of budget for this one.
Nathan Fillion is always good.  That guy should get more work.  I'd hire him.
I also like Michael Rooker and if given the opportunity I plan to type him against his cast.  I think he'd make an outstanding protagonist.
 
"His arm was all bendy."  Haha!!
Good comedy throughout and some genuine creeps.
I'm enjoying this film.
But when it comes to gun play I sure hate it when everyone misses what they're shooting at - especially when it's something as big as a Volkswagen and only 12 feet away.
 
The picture is linear and predictable but in a strange way it's comforting.  I'd rather see that than watch some tin pot struggle with ridiculous twists that make little sense and contribute nothing.
 
Slither is worth watching and if you liked Tremors you should like this one as well.
I'm giving this 3.5 Bloody Eyes out of 5 - almost a four!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment