Sunday, January 30, 2011

Bottom Feeder

2006

Directed by:  Randy Daudlin
Written by:  Randy Daudlin
Starring:  Tom Sizemore and Wendy Anderson

From IMDB:
"A group of utility workers are trapped in a series of tunnels which, unfortunately, contain a scientist mutated by his own creation. The creature feeds instantly on a rat, becoming what it has eaten."

It's late.  I've had a few beers and I'm watching Bottom Feeder.  I'm enjoying the evening but I confess this may not be my finest effort.

If you click on this picture you can see the trailer -
I'm just not sure you can get back to the blog.  Oh well.

Okay - whenever evil isn't motivated it's boring and unbelievable.  I've spoken before about the banality of evil and these guys are just a little too spot on - the thugish henchman (in this case a woman) is cruel for no other reason than it was written in the script.  The bad guy is a badly scarred intelligent Billionaire in a wheelchair.  That's new.
This doctor is a pretty good guy by the looks of it - what's the motivation for using him as the first tester?  Makes no sense.  It's self destructive.  He even said - if you don't eat the meta protein right way - bad things would happen.  Bad writing.

So Tom is always good but he's looking pretty tired and worn here - not quite what you expect to see in your protagonist but not necessarily a bad thing.  Makes him more real.  I'm pretty tired and worn so I can put myself in the movie easier.

Sarge - ugh.  Just not working with the Rastifarian thing.  Holy cliche.

The monster - bad rubber suit.
A few decent gore effects.

I enjoyed the ending - 4 beers didn't hurt I'm sure.

I'll give it 2 Bloody Eyes out of five.

No comments:

Post a Comment