Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Bloody Mary

2006
Directed by:  Richard Valentine
Written by: Richard Valentine
Starring: Jaason Simmons, Kim Tyler, Danni Ravden and Matthew Borlenghi.
From IMDB:
"When a group of psychiatric hospital nurses invoke the spirit of Bloody Mary-a supposed urban myth-the slaughter begins..."



I've seen this before.  Can't remember jack shit about it.
Few breast shots, right out of the gate.  Always good for the genre fan.
This is certainly low budget but they're trying hard.
The woman playing Jenna (Danni Ravden) is very good.  She looks VERY familiar to me but looking at IMDB I can't say how I would know her.  I'm going to keep her in mind.
Unfortunately the rest of the cast is not as strong.
The dialogue isn't too bad - it's just not being delivered.
The story is convoluted.  Not really sure what the evil nurse is meant to get out of this unholy alliance with Bloody Mary.
Okay - this guy playing the male nurse - Luther, is as annoying as a pepper in your shorts.
So Jenna has to give a blowjob to get access to the crazy guy's cell - but then it turns she's in cahoots with the doctor - so the BJ was unnecessary. 
And who was that crazy guy?
There's a few really bloody scenes.  I guess it is "Bloody" Mary.
This is badly lit but I'm gonna let that pass because I understand the budget was only 70K.  That's ridiculously low.
Well the best I can give this is 2 Bloody Eyes out of 5.  I would have been justified going 1.5 but I'm feeling generous tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment